The pressure of getting good grades and compete with your fellow students can be quite stressful for most college students. Young age is quite vulnerable, and many students go through anxiety, stress, and depression. The students face problems while getting admission in their desired institutions and also when studying and preparing for examinations. Getting admission in the top colleges of the country is no small feat and not only students but parents also play a part.
Many of the parents want their child studying in the top ranking college and looking for a suitable option to make their dream come true. The new approach that is tailor made to help students excel and take admission to the college of their choice is called ‘concierge college counseling’ where the student realizes his true potential and can capitalize on it.
Every student is different, and one solution cannot be applied to each student. Every student learns differently and has a thinking method. The concierge services can help parents know the key aspects that the child needs to focus so that he achieves success. Mental illness is quite common and can affect even the most physically healthy individuals. The concierge counseling is a very personalized form of therapy and given by a qualified and experienced psychologist. The thing that makes concierge counseling different than another form of counseling is that the psychologist or counselor spends not few minutes but considerable time with single student and identifies the problems and gives a suitable solution.
The wide range of problems that students have to go through during their time in a college is anxiety, drug abuse, depression, eating disorder, relationship issues, physical abuse, alcohol abuse, and ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). The concierge counseling approach is quite an intensive and personalized service where the counselor identifies the problems and needs of the students and ensure more meaningful and long lasting change. The services offered in concierge college counseling for students looking to take admission in a college are
- Advice on high school classes, internships, and summer programs
- Making a list of colleges based on the specific interest of students
The concierge counselor provides a combination of services, which include motivational practices, life skills, skill training, psycho-education, life organization, and counseling. The counselor also offers weekly support service through email and phone consultation. The counseling session takes place in the office, home, or at the college. But most of the students and their parents prefer counseling session at home as
- It saves time for both the student and the counselor
- The counselor can give proper time, and the student can also feel relax in the surroundings of the home
- The home surroundings provide privacy and confidentiality
- The issues of stress, anxiety, and other concerns can easily be addressed
- An efficient child assessment can be done, and proper solution and therapy can be provided to the student
- The student will learn how to optimize their skills and strengths and overcome the challenges they are facing in college and real life.
- Parents also get information on how to help and support their child to focus on his/her goals and achieve success.
Please sign in to leave a comment.