The prose can also be defined as a so-called "ordinary writing" creative writing of sentences and paragraphs; Prose is a language that has no formal metrical structure. It requires a general flow of speech, with ordinary grammatical structure, rather than rhythmic structure, as in traditional poetry. Usually, our everyday speech is spoken in prose, and common people have a mindset to write or think in prose. Creative prose writing intends to provide new writers with a set of tools that can be used to improve their prose. They write to explain their story.
In literature, there are four kinds of prose:
- Heroic Prose: which includes legends and tales.
- Fictional Prose: which includes novels, novellas, short stories.
- Non-Fictional Prose: includes journals, essays, biographies.
- Poetry Prose: is usually written in prose instead of using verse by maintaining poetic qualities.
Creative prose writing is art if writing, and when it true, it has more dimensions to explore and write. Truth is beauty; words have a very strong effect on our mindset words, in actual, are the obvious context in which a writer presents, investigates, and shares the truth. But as our literature provides us with more than one kind of prose and as a writer, one has an opportunity to create a new story based on its reader imagination or a beautiful novel with beautiful prose.
- Have good info for your topic.
- Go with the flow write as you like.
- Write simple, understandable words and sentence.
- Seek subtext let readers find their truth.
- Try to learn poetic techniques.
- Seek vivid apologies.
- Expand your vocabulary skills.
- Select the right moment to tell your story.
There is a chance you are already skilled to write proses; Novel writing possibly cannot be happened to you in the first place if you are not good in picking up your words or If you are incapable of writing prose with style. Here I am not stating the ability to produce poetic language or a kind of language you have to re-read to marvel its beauty. That is a kind of writing which is reserved for fanciest kind literary fiction or poetry, much more useful purpose to fiction is the ability to write with an uncluttered style, clear writing with a confident voice.
Here are some fundaments that could improve your writing
- Learn different kind of writings
- Find your voice in your words.
- Avoid purple prose. (The Importance of Writing Simply)
- Providing best details, you can.
- Do not overuse adjectives or adverbs
Only use an adjective or an adverb when it is the only way to achieve the accurate shade of meaning you want. Ignore everything else and read carefully I warn you not to overuse adjectives or adverbs do not avoid them altogether, using too many will give your novel prose a purple tint and using them too few or not at all will make it clinical.
- Don’t use weak qualifiers
They enhance nothing in a sentence, and actual prose writing demands that they should be cut.
- Avoid Unnecessary words
This one is easy to understand. The best kind of writing is always to the point/concise, so if words can be cut from a sentence without fluctuating its meaning, they must go.
- In prose, less is more.
- Avoid writing prose in the passive voice
Avoid the passive voice, it is a tiny point, I know, but the active voice is much louder, and thus much better suitable to stylish prose writing.
Please sign in to leave a comment.