October is the World Breast Cancer Awareness Month, every year from 1st to 31st October, to increase awareness of breast cancer and to raise charity to donate to breast cancer UK patients.
This month is also stated as National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, do breast cancer charities organize an annual international health campaign for research into its cause, awareness, diagnosis, prevention, cure, and treatment. The campaign also offers facts and support to those affected by breast cancer.
NBCAM was formed in 1985 in October in partnership between the American Cancer Society and the pharmaceutical division of Imperial Chemical Industries. The purpose of the NBCAM from day one has been to promote mammography as the most effective buildup in the fight against breast cancer.
Top breast cancer charities:
- Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
- National Breast Cancer Coalition Fund.
- Breast Cancer Prevention Partners (formerly Breast Cancer Fund)
- National Breast Cancer Foundation.
- Susan Love Research Foundation.
- Lynn Sage Cancer Research Foundation.
Breast cancer awareness is a fight to make people aware of this disease and to reduce the chance for people to have it, by educating people about its symptoms and treatment. Supporters believe that greater knowledge will lead to earlier recognition of breast cancer, which is associated with higher survival rates, and that money raised for breast cancer will produce a dependable, lasting cure.
- Crowdfunding is a way of fundraising where one can set up an online donation page and ask your family and friends to contribute and suggest it to others. It is that simple and is quick with no expense. By the right blend of promotion and campaign strategy, you can raise a lot of money in a short amount of time.
A Successful Cancer Awareness Campaign/ Fund Raiser
The process of scheduling a successful Cancer Awareness Campaign can seem intimidating.
- Identify your goal, first let yourself know for what reason you need to process a campaign
- Set a date,this may seem basic, but weather, commute schedules, school holidays, competing events and several different factors can make a major difference in determining the best date and time of day for your event
- Choose a location, location, which is easy to find and reach is generally the best location. To find the best location, know who you are trying to reach.
- Build a volunteer base, either it’s just a pair of close friends or a team of community members, this is one time that two heads are better than one, and many hands make light work.
- Involve the community, reach out to the businesses/organizations in your community in seeking support for your cancer awareness campaign efforts.
- Offer something to your guests, the most important thing you will be offering your guests is information and an opportunity to do good.
- Thank your volunteers, do not forget to thank the volunteers/members of the community who facilitated to make your cancer awareness campaign successful which also includes members of your community members who helped out, your planning team, and any corporate sponsors who supported your work.
Please sign in to leave a comment.