private security specialists From the headlines, daily bullet-in and social media one thing is clear that world is not anymore safe. Anyone leaving home every day without any security or protection is risking their life – and the risk of getting harmed by the people can be anytime. If you are a high profile or influential person, your life is more in danger. Indeed, you need a private security specialists around you because state doesn’t have adequate capacity to give security to individuals.
Ultimately, body guard is required for protection under different circumstances. There are different reasons for hiring a private security specialists for protection. Here are the common reasons for hiring a bodyguard:
- Medium to high public profile – it’s not a thumb rule to be a celebrity to have a medium to high public profile. Even the companies CEO and big corporation’s executives, if popular amidst masses may require protection from many disgruntled people for kidnapping, corporate crimes or issues similar to it.
- Job requires to commute large sum of money or valuables – private security specialists if large amount of money or valuables are transported, you will require for protection of surrounding and to avoid any mishap.
- Caught up in attention grabbing event – people involved in lottery winning, high-profile court cases and other large amount of sum involved also require protection from rogue elements.
- Extensive business travel globally – not every region is safe or stable for business travel. Sometimes business meetings are held in an unrest country where risk is higher.
- Victims of domestic dispute – in spite of restraining orders and other steps taken by the court, people who are victim of domestic violence need protection from the perpetrators and aides that are freely roaming.
How much does a bodyguard cost?
The cost of the bodyguard can vary with the company you’re taking services from. In addition, the factor included is the type of security you require and for how long will you take the services. On average, a bodyguard can cost in between $20 and $30 per hour. This cost could be increased, depending on the protection and services client required. You might spend around $75 per hour for a day event security. Having a bodyguard for 24/7 would cost you about $150 per hour or even more.
What can a bodyguard do?
They have variety of roles. Some of the common roles of are to do inspection in advance of an area that are supposed to be protected for a person. The purpose of advance inspection is to check buildings, rooms, vehicles and other spaces that may contain explosives or bugging devices. Bodyguard may also check the background of any person coming in the event or visiting the person that needs protection for the safety purposes. Bodyguard always remain alerted on person’s planned trips and make possibility of changing .Furthermore, patrolling properties, warning about infraction of rules and inspecting security cameras comes under bodyguard’s job domain. They also need to protect their client from any physical harm, if attacked.
Do bodyguard require a license?
There are licensing and certifications for most of the states. Indeed, the security guard is employed by the licensed security company. Under 18 of age is not allowed, background check needs to be clear, receive trainings at various stages and also take first aid certification. Any bodyguard having a gun needs to obtain a licensed weapon along with the carry permit.
Does a bodyguard carry a gun?
Not necessary that every bodyguard carry a gun. The bodyguard carrying a gun needs to have licenses and certificates along with the awareness of gun law. In case of traveling, the bodyguard needs to have a different state license to carry weapons. If you are a peace officer, you may carry a concealed firearms in any US state. Most of the bodyguards are not allowed to carry weapon across state.
Please sign in to leave a comment.