The Portable File Format, also known as PDF, is created by Abode. The format is capable of presenting files in a standard format so that it can be viewed on different platforms. It is exactly this standardization that makes PDF so popular. Even though the files may contain text, pictures, graphs or other data, the fonts and formatting are preserved electronically across platforms. The file appears the same on any device as it does when it is printed on paper. The file format can be opened using Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can also use the plug-in available for most web browsers. But this format can sometimes lead to errors. Certain glitches in the system mean that sometimes you cannot view PDF files on the web.
Steps to use if you cannot view PDF files on the web
Several factors may prevent you from viewing PDF files on the web. It is possible that the file may be damaged or the reader is not updated. Changes in the settings or cookies will also affect the readability of PDF files. Just follow these step and you can overcome this issue:
- Open the PDF file in the Reader: When there is a clickable link you can download and save the file to your device. Once the file is saved you can open it directly in the Adobe Acrobat Reader application.
- Check for updates: Abode is constantly releasing updates to fix common problems and increase security. Check to make sure you are using the latest version that is released. Just click on ‘Check for Updates’ and if there is an update click on ‘Download’. Once you see that the download is complete click on the ‘Install’ option and follow the steps.
- Refresh or Reload: This may seem like an easy solution but it is quite effective. Sometimes simply refreshing or reloading the page helps the PDF file to load fully and then you can read it.
- Open a different PDF: Try opening a different PDF file. If it opens then you will know that the problem is not with your device or browser but with that particular file.
- Restart your device: Again, it may seem simple but it is effective. Switching the computer off and on clears the memory cache and can resolve display issues
These steps address the most common causes that prevent you from viewing PDF files online. However certain files may need expert handling. If you are still facing a problem, even after trying these suggestions, you can contact the Adobe Customer Care Number department to resolve the issue.
Please sign in to leave a comment.