There will be times when your HP printer refuses to scan or respond to the scan command sent by the computer. And this happens because of scanner connection errors. This is a common phenomenon with HP printers and a lot of users have experienced this issue. So when this happens you need to know how to locate the source and then only you must proceed with the troubleshooting steps. You may get error messages like ‘error occurred while connecting with the scanning device’, or ‘scan to computer is currently unavailable’ or ‘scan unsuccessful or scanner not found’. These are the error messages you should expect to receive when you aren’t able to carry out the scan. So if you want to know how to tackle this situation you can give this blog a read or you can contact HP printer customer care number.
The method that has proven to be effective while dealing with this situation is the ‘uninstall and reinstall of the printer software’ on the computer. So if you want to know how to uninstall and reinstall the printer software, pay attention to the steps below:
Uninstalling the printer software.
- Before you begin you must make sure not to disconnect the printer from the network.
- Now, on the search box under the windows menu, type in ‘uninstall a program’. And when the list appears, click the ‘uninstall a program’ in the control panel setting from the list.
- Look for your HP printer’s name and when you locate it, right click it to uninstall and click ‘yes’ to confirm.
- Now all there’s lefts to do is to follow the steps on the screen and you will successfully uninstall the software.
- Finally, restart your computer before you reinstall the printer software.
Reinstalling printer software.
- The first thing is to turn on the printer and disconnect the cable from the printer.
- Now go to the HP Customer Support software and driver download page to download the latest version of the software.
- When you see the ‘let’s identify your product to get started’ page, click on ‘printer’ and insert the printer model number and submit it.
- And under the ‘driver’ option, click the download button.
- Finally, after the download is complete, select either ‘typical’ or ‘recommended’ type of installation and initiate the install process.
By the end of the last step, your software will be reinstalled again and check if the error still remains. If it does you can consult with the technicians at HP printer customer support .
For more: Hp printer number
Source URL: HP printer won't scan to my computer
Please sign in to leave a comment.