The rise in technology and the invention of printers has seen a drastic change in the development of human life. Every home and office has printers to do the printing job for them and it is very difficult to imagine a world without it. Printers have become an indispensable force in the working community every office, school, business own printers because it is essential to get work done. And in this sense, HP has been developing age advanced printers using technology that makes it possible for humans to print files and photos in high definition and high quality. The main reason for its growing demand is the accessibility and easy to use interface. Any person can easily navigate an HP printer. So if you are interested and if this information isn’t enough for you, you can get the information you are looking for at HP printer customer service number.
LaserJet printers are a product of HP and it is the world’s first desktop printer and ever since its debut in the market, it has had many different versions and series which are mainly directed towards office use. One very common version is the HP LaserJet 1012 but one issue with this printer is its installation process. People face many issues regarding the proper installation of this printer in windows 10. So if you are looking for ways to install this printer then keep reading this blog.
- Plug in your HP LaserJet 1012 using the USB cable that comes with it.
- You can download the Microsoft windows vista (64-bit) driver for windows 10 as it works well with it.
- Now extract the zip archive and press windows button+ Q to launch the search charm window and type in ‘devices and printers’.
- Press the ‘add a printer’ tab and select ‘the printer that I want isn’t listed’.
- Click on the radio icon to open ‘add a local printer or network with manual setting’.
- Again select the radio button and choose ‘use an existing port’ to select ‘DOT4_001’ from the drop-down
- Now click the option ‘have disk’ and go to the location where you have saved the extracted zip archive and click ‘ok’.
- Select your printer, i.e. ‘HP LaserJet 1012 HB’ and then click ‘next’.
- If you want you can give the printer a name and accept any security warnings if you have to.
These are the steps required to install your HP LaserJet 1012 in your windows 10. And although it is quite lengthy, it will get the job done. Even so, if you still face complication and you want some expert help you can contact HP printer customer support number.
Source url: How to install HP LaserJet 1012 on windows 10?
Please sign in to leave a comment.